I know it's been awhile, apologies. I'm turning out to be more like my sister. But she's part of the reason there haven't been any updates in the last few days. Ellie came home on Wednesday, so we had a big picnic here on Saturday - an indoor picnic due to rain, but what can you do. So there were lots of preparations to do and what not. Yesterday, as we all recovered, entailed going to her condo to return a few things. Going there also meant a stop at Lowe's where we looked for paint samples. My parents are redoing the upstairs bathroom, and I get to choose what color blue goes on the walls. And every time my sister comes home she threatens to take down wall paper or paint some other room, so other choices were picked up. Then we had to attach a piece of lattice to her gutter so that her clematis could climb, and then repot a rose bush that she ordered thinking that she was moving home in April. And then we went to Shrek 3. Which, by the way, was not as good as the previous two. Cute, but not great. Last night I decided that I should attempt to destash. My stash has grown since my days of afghans. So I have a heck of a lot of yucky acrylic yarn that I'm not going to use any time soon. So, my plan is to donate the bulk of my stash to a nursing home if they'd like it, and if not, then goodwill it is. I received a request this weekend from my sister-in-law, Peggy, that I make her some socks for when she's in the hospital in October. Pinks and purples were requested since she's hoping she'll have a girl. So with socks, the Peapod sweater (if the yarn ever arrives), and two baby blankets to make, I should be pretty busy with the knitting this summer.
Speaking of my sister-in-law, Peggy was introduced to my manic ways on Saturday, when we started Elliott's scrapbook. Here's what we did while he napped.
No comments:
Post a Comment